Modern requirements of the 21st century tourism reflect the need for an active holiday that steps outside the frame of an average one. That is why we always search for something a little bit different. The Erak estate offers a variety of activities such as canoeing, kayaking, fishing, hiking, trekking or mountain biking. You can always take a dip in the river during the summer time. If that is not enough, hunting is also an option given the vicinity of several state hunting grounds near the estate. A roman sarcophagus site is nearby as well. The estate is very near Karlovac, Zagreb and Plitvice Lakes National Park.
Possible ideas for outdoor activities and adventures:
1) Exploring sarcophagi in the old Roman quarry
2) Trekking and orientation from the old oak house to the peak of Vidikovac (the highest peak of Rđava Greda)
3) Canoeing from Veljun to the estate (3 canoes can be found in the garage)
4) Horseback riding through the forest
5) Bicycle trips on marked trails towards Krnjak and Barilovići
6) Fly fishing from your own pier
7) Rđava Greda rock climbing
8) “Off road” driving in extreme conditions on the estate
9) A triathlon consisting of canoeing, trekking and biking
10) Game watching or deer hunting from your own hunting blind
11) Caving Vražić cave and Bubijeva pit
12) Picking wild plants and mushrooms in the surrounding forests
The environment of the Korana River is rich in forest and plant life that covers the steep rocks and the escarpments of the canyon. This is an ideal area for some types of wildlife (boars, deer and rabbits) and birds and it has always been an attraction for local and foreign hunters.